Wednesday, December 1, 2010

COCKTAIL ANYONE?

Well I did it!  I'm pretty much totally decorated for Christmas.  Just a little tweaking  here and there.  Good thing, too.  I'm hosting Bunco tomorrow night, and I had to have the house ready.  It should be a fun night.  Our group hasn't been together to play in over a year!  

Sangria
We'll be having a fun evening of dice play, cocktails and hors de oeuvres, a little "Dirty Santa" ornament exchange, and just plain ole girl-hanging-out fun!  

Champagne and Cranberries
Of course I'll be serving Cosmopolitans, my signature drink.  But it is the Holidays, so we need to jazz up the bar a bit.  In searching for some pretty, and yummy-sounding, Holiday cocktail recipes, I came across a few to share. 
If nothing else, the photos themselves are just gorgeous and festive.

A definite on the cocktail menu will be Candy Cane Martinis.  It's the recipe used at the Four Seasons in NYC.  It was prepared on the Martha Stewart show a few years back, and I knew I just had to try it.  It was a big hit!  I think it deserves a repeat performance ;o)

Candy Cane Martini

Candy Cane Martini (recipe makes one)

2 ounces Strawberry Vodka
4 dashes (around 1 teaspoon) White Creme De Menthe
2-1/2 ounces Cranberry Juice

Rim glass with crushed candy canes and garnish with a mini candy cane.


Below is a cocktail that will make it's debut at my home.  Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer from Southern Living, December 2008.

Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer (recipe makes 9-1/2 cups)

5 cups Orange Juice
2 cups chilled Lemon-Lime soft drink
1-1/2 cups Vodka
1/2 cup Maraschino Cherry Juice
1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice

Stir together all ingredients; serve over ice; garnish with lemon slices and fresh rosemary sprigs.

Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer
I keep reading punches are coming back.  May have to break out my Grandmother's punch set and serve some up for Christmas.

Champagne Pomegranate Punch

Egg Nog Martini

Jingle Juice

 Mmmmm . . . chocolate . . . 

MexiCoco
 Beautiful glasses.  
Anything would look appetizing served up in those beauties.

Pineapple Wassail

What's your favorite drink ~ alcoholic or non ~ 'round the Holidays?


Thanks for visiting! 
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

7 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Carla, I loved this post! I am always looking for new adult beverages to serve at a party! I have to try the candy cane cocktails..the spritzers look good too. Actually, they all do. Have fun at Bunco!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What time should I be there? ; ) They all look so good and being a fan of egg nog, I'd like to try the egg nog martini. Someone just mentioned a candy cane martini {my daughter, maybe}, so I'm going to print this out to have on hand. Thanks for sharing, Carla!

Sassy Marsha said...

I'm with Kathy, what time shall I be there?!? When I was younger my fav was Zambuca which is why I do not drink any longer . . . if I were at the party I'd tell you all about it, LOL

BUT that Candy Cane Martini sounds delish . . I may have to have Richard make me one!

Cheers!

xxoo

That one girl said...

I LOVE the festive Sangria picture. I just want to jump inside!

I used to love spiked cider but had too much one year and haven't found another winter drink to replace it. :(

Kerin said...

Our favorite holiday beverage is maybe a bit boring to some...but, we love hot apple cider with lemon and orange in. An old recipe from my husbands grandma. She used to mix it up in a big pot on the stove and serve it for the family Christmas dinner.
Have a fun Bunco :)

Ellen said...

Everything looks lovely! Thanks for sharing the candy cane martini recipe - that is a must try for me. I lived in the mid-Atlantic for the last dozen years so hot chocolate with Baileys was my drink of choice at the holidays. Now that I'm in Florida, it may become something more tropical.

Heide M (TM) said...

Thanks for posting these cocktail recipes. Can't wait to try some of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails