Friday, March 25, 2011

FABRIC EASTER EGGS


My swap eggs are done!  I kinda like 'em :o) 
Wish I'd made more so I could have some for myself.  


I'll be mailing them off to Cindy over at Thimbleprims, and I can't wait to see what I get in return.


I used a pattern I've had for years.  Back then, the pattern company was called Farmyard Creations.  Karla Eisenach was the owner/desinger.  Now the company is called Sweetwater and has branched into designer paper crafting items along with their fabric and patterns lines.  They also have a lovely blog showcasing many of their items.  You should check out both their website and their blog.  Oh, and they have an Etsy store too.

The pattern actually has you create little "creatures" out of the eggs.  A cute ducky and bunny.  I made these little guys . . . oh . . . I bet 15 or more years ago.


For this swap, I made just the egg shapes using some of Amy Butler's fabrics, and embellished them with rick rack, fabric flowers and flat pearls. 


If you would like to try making some of these cute fabric eggs,  Kim at Retro Mama gives you a free tutorial and pattern.  

I can't wait to share the eggs I receive from the swap.  I'm sure they're all going to be fabulous!


A little gift for the Hostess ;o)





Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those look great, Carla! I was thinking "they look like Amy Butler fabrics", and there you go. I gave up on covering eggs this year as I made quite a mess with Mod Podge and paper {it wasn't pretty}, but maybe I'll check out the links you provided anyway. I also love the pot(?) you did as your hostess gift! Did you paint that? I love the color and the polka dots.

Kerin said...

You did such a nice job combining colors and patterns, they really are beautiful!
Makes me in the mood for Easter decorating :)
Have a great day !

Hopemore Studio said...

Oh I hope I get one, they are beautiful. I can't sew a stitch so I can be pretty sure I won't be making my own..lol

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh Carla! Those are positively gorgeous! You did a spectacular job! I think anyone would be thrilled to receive on of those! Angie xo

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Carla those are sooo cute! I've never seen fabric covered eggs~ adorable:)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I want some... Let make them Please Please Please. I'll bring the vodka....

Related Posts with Thumbnails