Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day



Honoring our family's Veteran, my Dad.  He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.

I just love this photo.  


Old, vintage photographs are great, and seeing this photo of my Dad so young and so handsome . . . 
I'm glad I stole acquired this photo from my parents a few year's ago ;o)

I'm not exactly sure of the details, but I believe his job was to intercept morse code transmissions from the Germans while he was stationed in Germany.  

Over the years we've chatted about his time in the service.  He didn't see any combat, thank goodness.  I'll have to initiate another conversation again soon, maybe taking some notes.  

Take a minute today to thank a Vet, or someone currently serving.  




Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails