Phew!!! I'll tell you, this project kicked my butt. It was definitely a force bigger than me. I'm sure I broke all the re-upholstery rules with this one! I think if it wasn't a recliner, it would have been a whole lot easier - not having to deal with moving parts and all.
I still have some small finish work to do here and there on THE CHAIR, and I think I want to add a box pleat ruffle along the sides under the arm rest just for a little style and character. The finished product is almost how I envisioned. I'm pretty happy with the results.
It's a big difference from how it was before, that's for sure. I'm not sure anyone else in the family likes it. "It's too white and wrinkly."
Ooohhh, and the soiled, tattered and torn look before was nice???
Humph . . . what do they know . . . they're all men - with no vision!
I would have taken photos of the process, but would have been embarrassed to share since I was winging the whole thing not really having a clue about what I was doing.
A few things I will share are I made the arm covers, seat and back detachable so if they become soiled, they can be removed to wash or replace. And since I used a drop cloth,
I won't get too chapped if something happens to the fabric which would require a "re-do". Oh, and in case you're wondering, the project cost me under $30. Not bad!
Here are the before pictures of the monster.
BEFORE - yuk!
AFTER - much better!
Now that it's pretty much done, I feel like I can finally move on to some other, big projects that I've been procrastinating on for . . . well . . . years now. I don't have any more excuses for not getting some of these projects done that have been waiting in the wings for far too long.
Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.