Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FEELING SPRING



What a gorgeous, warm, sunny day here today. Finally!!! I've been putzing around in and outside the house today. I even went outside for my jog. It was nice feeling the warm sun on my face.

I just had to share this fantastic candle idea, which is totally credited to
Once again, the beauty of sharing bloggers comes through! I totally "craft-lifted" this idea from Kathy. Ingenious! I've had these DT (dollar tree) prayer candles sitting on the counter in my craft room for weeks now, trying to think of something different to do with them to mimic this season of
Spring, Renewal, Rebirth, Nesting . . .

I've had them wrapped with spooky words for Halloween, pretty s'book papers for Christmas, lovely shimmery ribbons echoing the frostiness of winter. But I was really stumped on how I could transfer them into something new . . . Springy . . . different.


Well, on my daily visit to Kathy's blog, she showed me what to do. YAY!!! Now I'm sharing how mine turned out. I love 'em!
Thanks so much, Kathy.
And, because it was so beautiful out, I snapped the pics outside on the deck in the morning sun.

While I was on a roll with snapping pictures, I thought I'd share some of the other vintage bird images I've used around the house.

These frames once held magnolia prints I purchased from Home Interior forever ago. I swapped them out for vintage bird prints cut from a Cavallini & Co. desk calendar and mounted them on s'book paper.



This "bingo" card collage was created with another bird from the same desk calendar, and a Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card.




Lastly, I found a new resting . . . er nesting . . . place for my sweet little birdie salt and pepper shakers.

Hope the sun is shining warmly where you are today!



One last thing. Check out this fantastic giveaway Marie at Spun By Me

is having to celebrate her 500th post.

Pretty glitter . . . Now, who wouldn't want to win this??? Head over and comment on her blog before Tuesday, March 16 to enter to win.

Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

4 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Well now, aren't you the Smarty one today. The warm weather is certainly agreeing with you. I love the candles and the great BIRD prints. Woo Hoo!

Darlene said...

It is shining brightly and warmly here too today....YAY! I LOVE your candles. They look so pretty. Also the bird pictures are beautiful. The birdies look so sweet sitting on the plate. Enjoy the rest of your beautiful day.♥

Kerin said...

Thanks for sharing such warm pictures.
We are still looking for the sun here, and wishing and wishing for warm weather.
I love the candles. Love the bird prints framed too.
Have a great day.

marie said...

I have five of this candles sitting here waiting for a good idea! Now I have a good idea too! Thanks for sharing!
And thanks so much for the very nice link to my giveaway! Love this glitter stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails