Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies

Boy, that's a mouthful, huh?!


I was in the mood to bake something Sunday.  And I've had a bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch chips in the pantry for a while now.  I picked them up at the grocery one time thinking they were neat.  Something different.


I got busy following the recipe on the back of the bag.  You can find the recipe  here.  The only things I did differently to the recipe was omit the coconut.  Not a fan of flake coconut.  And added some semi-sweet chocolate chips and an extra egg.


Think peppermint patty.  
Mmmmm


I will say, the cookies were met with pretty ho-hum reviews.  "Why couldn't you have just made regular ole chocolate chips?"  Well, cause I wanted to try something different, that's why!


I like 'em.  I like the combination of the peppermint and chocolate together.  I would make them again, except I'd probably eat most of them, and that would not be a good thing.  So, they may not make it to the all-time-favorite cookie list for our family! 


Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

2 comments:

Kerin said...

Yummy! I love chocolate and mint, and who doesn't love cookies ??!!
Thanks for sharing.
p.s. Your pkg. is on its way :)

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Those look good. I love trying out new chips like that and I find that usually the recipes on the bags are pretty good. Those chips would be fun to use around Christmas time too. Everybody loves peppermint.

Related Posts with Thumbnails