Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Decor Overload - Act 3


Have you had enough yet??? ;o) I love to forage around my yard "pruning" the trees that's what I tell Hubby so he doesn't think I'm just hacking up the trees and shrubs for my live greenery displays. Here's how you are greeted when you come to my house for the holidays. This little vignette is at the driveway,
right by the garage door . . .


. . . then you'll pass the garage window boxes filled with fresh greens,
to the front porch . . .




. . . where Santa is there to greet you!


I love these little skates. They were a Kohl's find last year. Unfortunately, they took a beating out there last year. We have such strong winds, it would knock down the sled, which by the way was mine and my older brother's going up - pretty cool, huh?!, and they're actually broken in a few places. I couldn't bear to throw them away. I need to get me some "real" old ice skates!


This is the foyer tree. It's my Victorian-like tree. Oh, did I mention we have six trees in all around our house. Little over the top, you say? No way!



Sadly, we don't have a fireplace . . . soooo this is
where Santa has to find the boys' stockings.


In the powder room.



A few more items I received on Thanksgiving that were my Grandmother's. I just set one footed bowl inside the other and loaded them up. I love having things around that once graced the homes of family members long ago. Just think of the hands that have touched those items . . . their history . . .


Above my sliding door which is in the eating area of the kitchen, is a large self my brother-in-law custom made for us when we moved here 16 years ago (it's getting a new coat of black paint after the Holidays). This is where most of my salt-glaze pottery pieces are. Any of you familiar with Eldreth Pottery located in Strasburg and Oxford, PA? That's where most of the pieces came from. I've been collecting for, well, almost a couple decades now geez, saying that really makes me feel old!


The deck has to be "decked" out too, right?

My ole rickety wheelbarrow. Hubby keeps bugging me to take it to the curb. Ha! I don't think so!
I've so enjoyed having you all visit our home this Holiday. I hope you've enjoyed visiting as much as I have had sharing with you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

carla, you have such talent! loved visiting your home. it's beautiful! happy haolidays to you and your family ! June

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Carla... I love it! The greens are awesome and I do the same with my hubby, the 'yard policeman'... "what?? pruning makes them grow better!!" he knows better than to argue! lol:)
merry merry to you!!
paula

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Looks great, Carla! It looks like you had a lot more areas to add some greenery to than I did! I love that sled ~ I would love to grab a ride on that.

Darlene said...

Hi Carla,

Once again I LOVE everything!! Your outdoors is all decked out and beautiful just like inside. Wow...six trees!!! I think it is WONDERFUL and I wish I had room for that many!!!!!!!

Six divided by two..... said...

Carla, you are truly talented!!! Your home is beautiful!! And I say that in the purest form of the word!! WOW..simply divine!!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Wow, Carla, you have been really busy decorating for Christmas! Thank you for the wonderful tour through your home! The sled is awesome! I always hope to find one like that at a flea market or antique show.

Rue said...

Love it all! Your front porch is darling and I so wish I had a sled like that. It's on my list to find one now ;)

Oh and don't you dare let your husband talk you into getting rid of that wheelbarrow!

rue

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla! I've so enjoyed seeing your home all decked out for Christmas! You've made the outside look so pretty as well as the inside. I've scrolled down through your posts and have seen more of your amazing Christmasness.
Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
Shelia ;)

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love to add greenery from the yard too. Sometimes I put out a sled and skates but not this year. You have a lovely home, Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Carla, what a beautiful and festive home you have. Then entry and back deck are just the icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing!

Please stop by my holiday home when you get a chance!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

I do love your style! The greenery on the deck, and the ornaments on the shelf above your back door are my favorite, but I love it all.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very pretty! I love all your natural greenery outside & that powder room tree. Thanks for joining the party.

Related Posts with Thumbnails