Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR WISHES

I wanted to end the year here on my blog with very Happy New Year greetings to you all. As I sit here typing on my computer with Christmas music streaming through
yes, I'm still listening to C'mas music!
and a newly fallen snow outside, I wanted to send wishes to all for a healthy, happy, restful, prosperous Twenty-Ten!

Although this past year for our family presented many challenges, I do feel blessed with all we have . . . my children . . . my family . . . my health . . .
and most importantly . . . my husband, John.

Over the years, he's been a wonderful father, provider, friend. He's worked so hard for all that we have,
and for that I am grateful.


Also, I want to announce I'm reopening my Etsy shop. Etsy shop . . . you say? Oh yes! "CosmoGirl's Emporium" was an Etsy shop before it was a blog.

It was small, and I didn't have it open very long, but I vowed to reopen it someday. My plan is to have the
Grand Reopening January 18.
I'll be having some grand opening giveaways on that day, so stay tuned!


The shop will feature finished items as well as supply items. There will most likely be some thrifty finds and just items I feel it's time to part with.

I figure since I've lost more than a few clients this year, and I have a bit more free time, I would try to devote some of that time to working my Etsy shop more than I did/could when I first opened it.


Maybe I'll even find time to finish all my home dec projects . . . get caught up on my scrapbooking . . . get some of those quilt tops layered and quilted . . . start all those new quilts I've been dying to get to . . . finish the half-dozen or so cross stitch projects I started decades ago . . . organize my closet . . . clean and purge the unfinished side of the basement that's become my dumping ground . . . repaint my bedroom . . .

Oooo . . . think I better calm down there a bit! Don't want to bite off more than I can chew - like I usually do!


Before I tackle any of that, I really need to clean up my craft room. It looks as though
someone detonated a paper and glitter bomb in here. What a mess!


In closing, on this last day of the decade, I really want to thank all of you that found my humble little blog. The readers - those that comment, those that don't . . . the followers - those that are public, those that are anonymous . . . I appreciate you all. For so long I thought of starting a blog, but wondered
"who the heck would be interested in what I have to say and share???".
Well, I thank you all!
Me and Hubby will be ringing in the New Year tonight with just a few close friends. It will be a small affair. I look forward to a new start in a new decade. And, again, wishing you all the Happiest New Year ever!



Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Carla,

I gotta tell you I am just so thrilled that I found you in blogland. I LOVE seeing your beautiful pictures and learning a bit more about you.

All of your crafts look DELIGHTFUL and I can't wait to see your Etsy store. I bet there will be some beautiful items and you know I am an Etsy addict!!!!!

I hope 2010 is a better year for you and hope you have a Happy New Year!♥

marie said...

Well I'm certainly glad you started a blog AND I'm glad you're opening up your Etsy shop. Can't wait to visit it.
From the looks of this batch of pics there will be lots of goodies in store for us.

It's always a pleasure to visit you.
Have a joy-filled New Year!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

First of all, Happy New Year, Carla! How exciting about your Etsy shop ~ I'll be looking forward to that. Your list sounds about like mine {including the decade old cross-stitch that was never finished!}.

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, if those pictures show your room as a mess, then please come and make mine messy...I love all your organization! I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in your shop. Hopefully you can be my motivation and get me going in my my sad, sad shop too.

Angie

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

My list of "to-do's" is almost as long as yours. :) Can't wait to visit your Etsy Shop! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails