Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Technical Help Needed!!!

So frustrating . . . being computer dumb! Because I love to change things with the seasons . . . my decor . . . my garden . . . my clothes, etc. I sooo wanted to "spook up" my blog, in a small way.

So, I found this cute background from Shabbyblogs and cute header from The Cutest Blog on the Block. Inserted text into the downloaded header (that's big for me, let me tell you!!! my original design's header was done by Son No. 2.), uploaded it to the blog, and well . . . you see. How do I get to fit right? I can't bug Son, he's hardly home. I feel like I should be able to figure this out on my own. Obviously I can't, or I wouldn't be begging for help from you all!!!

Next problem . . . how do I change the colors in the bands that show up in between posts? That shade of green just will not do, and I could not find anything in the edit area to allow me to change. Again . . . frustrated!!!

Last question. When I leave a comment on another's blog with my name and url to my blog, how do I get a picture to come up? All I get is the very lovely and generic orange and white B.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone out there who is willing to take the time to help out a computer dunce!

I know, yucky post. No pics, no fun stuff. I promise later today to have a fun post with lots of "yummy" (hint, hint) pics!


Side note, or question actually. What do you think it means when a post you left on someone's blog appears to have been removed? That happened to me yesterday, I think. I left a nice, probably lengthy (I'm sure you all have pretty much discovered by now that I can get chatty!) comment with absolutely no negative or questionable content at all. When I went back to that blog this morning to see other comments left, it appears mine had been removed. It's kind of bothering me. Should I comment or email the blog author why, or just let it go and move on. I can't imagine why it may have been removed - unless it was some weird computer or system problem. Just curious what some of you might think about it . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,

Can't help with any techno ?'s-I only know how to spend lots of money on line and read blogs-LOL

about your comment being removed are you sure it was posted? sometimes it has to be approved by the "moderator" and then post at a later time?????

Love your blog I have so wanted one for a long time so I could post and share recipes/craft stuff etc

Lisa

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, I'm in the same boat, there is still so much to learn. I looked over all your questions and I didn't have an answer to any of them! I'm so sorry. I'm guessing there are a lot of tutorials out here, I may even try You Tube because I do so much better when I see things done rather than when I read them. If I find anything good you can use I'll let you know.

As for the missing post I say go ahead and move on who knows where some of this stuff goes...lol.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Carla, I'm sorry but I can't be a great help with the technical stuff either. I mostly use the trial-and-error-method with more or less success, lol. Julia :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails